THE HEART series - Mindful Awareness CLASS series
february 2 - february 23, 2020 from 5-6:15pm EST (4 tuesdays / 75 minute sessions)
Advanced Registration. Open to All. No Previous Experience Required.
This unique Mindfulness Awareness Class-Series entitled “The Heart Series” will explore the four heartfulness practices of equanimity, compassion, kindness, and joy. Join the entire Class-Series of 4 sessions or drop in for a single session. With the secular practice of Mindful Awareness, be more fully present to life, your life, choose to live with intentions and connect to one’s own inner resources.
Mindful Awareness is sometimes described as a Bird with Two Wings:
- one wing is Mindfulness ∼ the ability for acceptance, clear seeing or insight
- the other wing is Heartfulness ∼ the ability for loving presence, compassion, wisdom
Just like a bird needs two wings to fly, Mindfulness and Heartfulness are inseparable in the cultivation of Mindful Awareness, which “is paying attention to present moment experiences with openness, curiosity, and a willingness to be with what is”. Each week, we will explore a set of different practices to develop lifelong skills and learn ways to:
- Integrate the four heart practices of equanimity, compassion, kindness and joy formally and informally
- Work with self-judgment and self-criticism
- Cultivate less reactivity and more responsitivity daily
- Develop positive states
This Class-Series will be taught online by Maïté in an interactive way through guidance and sharing thanks to a variety of activities provided in the form of:
- informative lectures
- mindfulness and heartfulness practices
- discussions, Q&A,
- personal exploration
- creative writing or drawing
- experiential learning
Take this course from the comfort of your home every Wednesday from 6-7:15PM EST. Join the Class-Series of four classes or drop in for the first class. You will have the option to sign up for the Class-Series after taking the first session if you like. Open to all, no previous experience required.
Details to join the session online will be sent within the hour prior to the scheduled class-time.